Tuesday, September 6, 2016

And it's gone.

I have no idea what happened to summer. I can't explain why I didn't write any blog posts. It was not a planned break. I did miss it, actually; however, writing blog posts never made it to the top of the to-do. Maybe I will try to put into words some of what the summer held, both in terms of what we did, what my workout routine has been, and what my state has been physically and emotionally. Right now, I am not quite there. Still, I thought the start of the new school year (we went back today) was as good a time as any to start writing again and make it part of my regular routine.

To keep it simple, I leave you today with a highlight reel of our summer. Here are a few a whole sticken' bunch of my favorite pictures from this summer - in no particular order.


hiking St. Croix State Park

bridge at St. Croix

enjoying a break from the rain after setting up the camper - anniversary weekend. 

Flandrau State Park hiking. 

family phone - Flandrau State Park

Max likes to camp, too!

4-wheeling weekend

love the selfie!

We don't get too many pictures of just the two of us!

dirt road and setting sun. 

5th Annual weekend with my in-laws up north

She even got to try driving this year!

part of the original CCC camp at St. Croix. 

Elba Fire Tower

This was before we climbed. 

a hidden gem!

Kettle River overlook @ St Croix State Park


St. Croix State Park Fire Tower

got stuck hiking in the rain!

Looking down at Elba. 

Castle Rock - Whitewater State Park

bridge at Whitewater

view from Dakota Trail - Whitewater SP

Girl Scout camp with friends!

Ava and Riley at GS Camp

lazy, hot day at home. 

one of two Gene Roden Memorial Track Meets

riding a two-wheeler for the first time!

first soccer game

my NDS friends!

pond scooping (I miss her long hair!!)

evening stroll

Sheboygan Harbor

trying something new!

another milestone. 

The Band Perry in honor of Hormel 125 years. 

gymnastics!

swimming with these two!

family over 4th of July in WI

family get-together

a rare picture of the 6 of us - me, my parents, and siblings. 

'Merica!

loving her day on the kayaks with Auntie Amy!

that smile though! What a memorable day!

Grandma and her great-grandchildren

my best friend from high school! Wish I saw her more!

rainbow over the lighthouse

Lake Michigan

from the kayak


archery at GS camp




Totally out of order - but it really was a great summer! Three camping trips, a wedding, a week in Wisconsin with my family, two weekends with Chad's family, some quality time at home, Girl Scout camp, hitting milestones .... this one is going to be hard to beat!

No comments: