Sunday, April 3, 2016

Weekend Snapshots

It was a full weekend, to say the least. Of course this meant being busy and a lot of running around, but not a lot of time for catching up on assignments or paperwork! Here's to telling the weekend stories through random photos ....

Friday night, Chad decided to head to Rochester where a cousin's son was participating in a state wrestling meet (he took first!). So, with a night to ourselves, Ava and I went to Family Night at the YMCA. We ate pizza, played in the fitness center where they had family boot camp set up, and then went swimming in the pool!

Right away Saturday morning, we decided to make banana muffins!

I took her and one of her friends to a special story hour at the library. She told me both Friday and Saturday about how her teacher told them about this even going on. I figured it was worth bringing her!

haha. Then she threw a temper tantrum when we got home! I wouldn't normally photograph this moment (well, maybe I would), but I had lost all the pictures I took that morning. Tried refreshing the app, powering off my phone, and couldn't figure it out. On a whim, I took another picture, and they all reappeared! yeah!

Spring session of figure skating lessons started. She begged this winter to skate, but since we had missed the first two sessions this fall, told her she'd have to wait until the spring session to start. Working on that first skill of getting up off the ice!

She seemed much less confident, but it may just be from not skating since this winter, when we actually had her out a few times close together. As long as she says she wants to go, I will pay for this session. She said she liked it!

After a late Friday night, and a busy Saturday morning - it didn't take long to see this on our way over to Rochester Saturday afternoon!

Truck shopping. Chad is convinced we need a truck to pull the newer-to-us pop-up camper we upgraded to at the end of last summer. This is the front runner right now.

This is the one I would go with; same year as the one above, nearly the same price, with almost 30,000 fewer miles. No brainer to me - but Chad doesn't like the color, (blue metallic) and would prefer the actual four door like above. I wish we would've had time to get to both dealership before they close.

On a whim, we went front truck shopping to supper at Chuck E Cheese.

I actually hit the apple on a Robin Hood game for the bonus 25 tickets! I thought it was easier than it looked, but I played like four more times, and couldn't do it again! Makes me even prouder of this accomplishment!

Chuck E! I think she thought we were still in Disney meeting characters! :)

Chad and Ava hit the 125 on the wheel game!

Didn't turn out well through the car window, but sky was beautiful on the way home. Almost looked like a mountain range off in the distance.

Only took nearly five years after moving down here ...

Spring Stage Show! Will share video in an upcoming post!

Decided I better end the weekend with a run. More on this later, too!

Hope you had a good weekend! First full week of April; let's get it off to a great start.

No comments: