Thursday, April 7, 2016

Stitch Fix #3

The end of March meant my third stitch fix was delivered! As always, it is hard to believe three months have actually passed again. Every time I get a fix, I am so tempted to change my delivery frequency! In the long run though I know quarterly is enough for me and my budget!

On to the fix ....

Overall, I appreciated how the pieces in this fix pushed me outside my comfort zone, yet were exactly my style! So weird how that happens. Even the fits/cuts were up my alley, but not all the pieces fit how I would have like them to. That made me sad! I didn't keep as much as I would have liked, but some fixes just aren't meant to be.

Without further ado.

Item number 1: Staccato Jayde Open Drape Cardigan, $48.

I hadn't even checked out online before I wore this one to work! The colors screamed fall a little more than spring to me, but the style and fit were something I would pick for myself in a heart beat. I've since worn it with a navy tank underneath, jeggings, and cute loafer-type shoes. Keeper for sure.


Item #2: Fun2Fun Dorina Crew Neck Lace Panel Blouse, $38.

Taking this out of the box, I wasn't sure. It was a silky material, sleeveless, and I just didn't know what I would pair it with. I started warming up to layering it with cardigans, etc., but when I tried it on, it didn't fit right. It was short and tight in the arms. The lace panel also sat in a weird spot. Verdict: send back.


Item #3: Street Level Meyer Tassel Clutch, $38

The picture doesn't do the color much justice, but it was red. I didn't hate the style, but I don't switch out my wallet/purse to match my clothes, so I just didn't need a red clutch. Had I been in a position where I was looking at the keep all five discount, I'd likely have kept it. Since this wasn't something I was likely to use, I sent it back.


Because you can't take pictures of clothes and not her. Seriously, she won't let you!


Bears! Oh my.

Item #4: Market & Spruce Colibri Plaid Printed Tab-Sleeve Shirt, #48.

I wasn't in love with this shirt out of the box, to be honest. I tried it on anyway, but more or less hated it from the get-go. The plaid reminded me of fall. The neckline was feminine for a plaid shirt. Once I put it on, in an odd way it was too flowy, not that I would wear it tight either. It reminded me of a maternity shirt, if nothing else. It just wasn't really my style, so back it went.


Item #5: Kut From The Kloth Siena Cropped Pant; $58

Although I wouldn't normally be excited about green pants, I was super excited about these. The were fun, springy, pushed my out of my comfort zone, but yet I thought they were really cute! I was picturing them with a black shirt, or a white shirt, or maybe even going out and buying a denim chambray shirt. Plus they would have given me an excuse to go find the right shoe to go with! When I put them on though, I don't know. The material seemed to bunch at the knee looking baggy, but then got tight around the calf. I don't know if that is obvious in the picture or not. I almost kept them anyway honestly, but knew it'd be better to just send them back and wait for a pair that fit like a glove. Maybe in my next fix? Sent back, much to my demise!



Since I know for me, not knowing what the prices were was what kept me from tying Stitch Fix much sooner:
  • Merchandise Total: 230.00 - I honestly don't think that is bad for five items!
  • Had I kept all 5, the Buy 5 Discount: 57.50
  • With my $20 styling fee and left over $5 credit, my total would've been 147.50
I only kept the drape cardigan, and after my styling fee and credit, I paid $23!

****

I'll be getting my next fix in June, and look forward to it! If you've been on the fence with trying Stitch Fix, I encourage you to give in! Take the risk! I think you'll enjoy it. And, I would of course love if you used my referral link so that I could get another $25 credit! Be sure to let me know if you try it, or if you post about your fixes. I love to see what other people get!

No comments: