3 weeks until Earth Day half-marathon
source: Pinterest
Feeling really good about how my training is going; despite some missed weekday runs. My long runs have felt surprisingly comfortable, and Saturday's pace left me feeling on top of the world. I am feeling very optimistic about a PR at Earth Day, and really starting to believe I will cross the finish line on June 21!
This week marks a shift in my training plan for a couple of reasons. First, the weekday runs bump up from 3,6,3 to 4,7,4. Second, my long run jumps up to 14 miles! That will be the furthest I have ever run! From here on out, unless it is a cut-back week, my long runs will be uncharted territory. Thus, this on-top-of-the-world feeling has come at a good time.
Onward with the plan for the week:
Monday: 4 miles
Tuesday: Interval Conditioning (kettle bells)
Wednesday: 7 miles
Thursday: 4 miles and Interval Conditioning
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 14 miles
Sunday: cross train (swimming?!?!)
----
Have a great week! April is upon us! Fresh starts always feel good, and maybe Mother Nature/Old Man Winter will get their act together, too!

2 comments:
Woohoo for uncharted territory! Glad your training is going good, hope that continues for you :)
EEK!! I love reading your updates. I remember when I had the 14 miler and that was the furthest I had run at the time. Keep up the hard work!
Post a Comment